Please plan to stay after the meeting to connect with Council leaders and other local PTA leaders.
The Council PTA delegate acts as a liaison between the Local PTA and Council PTA.
Promotes the programs and plans of the Council PTA to the Local PTA,
Communicates effectively the needs and wishes of the Local PTA, and
Accurately represents the Local PTA in all matters requiring debate and vote.
Council delegates may be elected by the membership, elected by the executive board or appointed by the president subject to the approval of the executive board. Additional duties may be found in the Standing Rules.
Who can vote at Council meetings?
Council meetings are open to all members of local PTAs that hold membership in the Council, but the voting body is limited to:
* the two (2) accredited delegate(s) or alternate(s) of each Local PTA in membership,
* officers of the Council PTA and chairs of the Council PTA standing committees,
* the president or president’s alternate of each local PTA in membership,
* the principal or principal’s representative of each local PTA in membership, and
* the superintendent or superintendent’s representative.
* Attend all council meetings or ensure that an elected or appointed alternate is able to attend.
* Represent the Local PTA as a voting member of the Council PTA body.
* Participate fully in Council PTA discussions and deliberations. Each delegate is entitled to make motions, debate and vote at each Council PTA meeting.
* Attend all meetings of the Local PTA.
* Report announcements, important actions, and the Council PTA program to the Local PTA members and board.
* Place announcements of Council PTA activities in the Local PTA’s bulletin or scheduled communication.
* Maintain a procedure book.
* Seek information or approval from the Local PTA members on matters referred to the Local PTA for such approval or information, and be ready to report and/or vote accordingly at the Council PTA meeting.
* Notify Local PTA executive board members of the next Council PTA meeting and encourage them to attend as well.
Delegate name(s) and contact information should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org